Honey, Lemon & Ginger Tea
Whether it's the change in season and you want to give your immune system a boost, or you are wanting a soothing drink before bed - we have the tea for you!
For us, going from Summer to Autumn always has us feeling a bit off as we go from cold days to hot days and everything in between. This sweet and spicy tea is a great source of benefits and comforts whatever the season!
You will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh Lemon
- Mint (Optional)
- Cut off the outside skin of the ginger root carefully with a knife. Grate the ginger until you have ½ cup of ginger.
- In a large saucepan add 8 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Add the ginger to the pot when the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Juice the 2 lemons; don't worry about the seeds, they will be strained out later.
- Add the juice from the lemons into the pot and the lemon rind as well.
- Add ½ cup of dried mint leaves
- Add 3 tablespoons of honey
- Turn down the pot to medium heat and boil for 5 minutes
- Stir the tea again, then pour into a teapot or straight into a mug using a strainer.
If you have left over tea it can be stored in a container in the fridge and reheated in a pot when you next want it. Or you can make ice cubes and add them to soda water when you next want an icy cold drink!